среда, 5 сентября 2012 г.

Home Reading. Kate Chopin. The unexpected. My impression

 "The unexpected" really impressed me because I like stories which are connected with problems of human relationships, passion, love and so on. Firstly, I couldn't tell anything about the title, but than I found out it very suitable and full of sense. I like this story because it differs so much from typical romances, it has great deal of themes and each of them are interested and distinctive in its own way. Many ideas and problems of the story became clear to me after our Home Reading Class and I have taken in interest the author and I am going to find out some information about her, which, I believe, will help me to understand better all problems which are risen in the story. Besides the problem of a limitation of women's rights, one of the major problems, which has made the story so interesting for me, is the difference between love and infatuation. In "The unexpected" we observe just passion, infatuation which dissappeared after the first troubles, which led to dramatic final. By the way, the ending of the story is another reason which I like it - it is almost like real, not like in pulp novel with their expected final line "they lived happily ever after". So, "The unexpected" is the evidence of a master writer at work. 

3 комментария:

  1. I completely agree with you Margo). I also like stories which are full of sense and closed to real life. The problems which are touched upon in this story are really important and need to be discussed.

    ОтветитьУдалить